Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Here and now

It's Wednesday. The dogs need to be walked, paintings need to be organized for two upcoming shows, and there are drawings which MUST be released from my pen. But all I can think about is the sound of the two pileated woodpeckers that live on my property. They make the strangest "walka walka" noise, and I could hear them yesterday but I couldn't SEE them.

Which means that I can't draw right now. I can't organize paintings. And I can't walk the dogs, cuz they interfere with my ability to focus my binoculars.

I have my priorities, ya know.

If you've ever seen pileated woodpeckers, you're totally getting this............

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you blogging, toots! You are going to take to it like a three-headed fish takes to nuclear waste. And I have pileated woodpeckers here, too, but I haven't laid eyes on one yet...

    ReplyDelete