Saturday, December 11, 2010

The blog revival

OK, OK, it's been awhile. I get distracted, I have the attention span of a fern....

Autumn was a wonderful time for me, if I overlook the foot surgery I had in late summer and resulted in me hobbling around in hideous blue booties for six weeks. To counter THAT little experience, I was once again accepted into the Headwaters Arts Festival's annual juried show, and was even presented with a jurors' award for one of my paintings. Making art can be such a lonely process, it 's wonderful to receive validation from people you respect. Keeps the engine chugging, ya know?

And now I'm getting ready for a solo show at the beautiful Alton Mill, in Alton, Ontario, to run from January 5th to February 13th. It will be a retrospective of my work, and it's the first time I've had a one-man show since I've been painting. (I had a show in Toronto in 2002, but it was all pastel work...)

So it's a busy time, but I'm having fun and looking forward to seeing lots of friends at my show. Snow be damned....

No comments:

Post a Comment